I'm currently done with the base section and the forearm. I plan to document this project as a video log on Youtube.
The first video is about the base section, the second about the forearm:
Rotary plate and conclusion:
I hope you excuse the video and audio quality as I'm still learning this video stuff.
Of course you can download the stl files from thingiverse:
The parts are completely printed in ABS. This took about a week. I used 12% 3d honeycomb infill and slic3r 1.21e. It's about 1.2kg filament.
I don't recommend printing them yet as I need different kind of motors. Steppers are not the best solution for a robot. They provide accurate movement but the torque-to-weight ratio is very bad. I will post updates with future developments.
Next up is the gripper:
Arm moving with DC-Motors:
I started a hackaday.io project: